The goal of the NL4AI workshop is to explore the role of Natural Language and Natural Language Processing in Artificial Intelligence applications. We believe that new technological challenges and opportunities rise at the boundary between NLP and AI. On the one hand, AI applications benefit from a deeper understanding of problems related to Natural Language, and thus the integration of advanced NLP methods. On the other hand, NLP benefits greatly from being used in wider areas of AI where problems and methodologies related to NL can be evaluated in new contexts. We encourage papers exploring the application of NLP approaches to tasks in specific AI areas, e.g. NLP4Robotics, NLP4Vision, NLP4Health, NLP4CulturalHeritage, and so on.
Topics of interest
We invite papers that pertain to the workshop theme including, but not limited, to:
- NLP and AI applications in the Web era
- Natural Language Interfaces for Human Robot Interaction
- Resources and evaluation for NLP based AI systems
- Position papers on the role of NLP in AI and societal impact
- Discourse and Pragmatics
- Natural Language Generation
- NLP and AI applications in the Health domain
- Information extraction and general NLP and AI applications (including but not limited to text mining, semantic analytics, question answering, document analysis, text categorization, topic models, retrieval)
- Machine Learning for NLP
- Sentiment analysis and Opinion mining
- Natural Language Inference
- Natural Language Processing and Industrial Challenges
- Semantic Web, including role of Ontologies and Knowledge Graphs for Natural Language Processing
- Conversational Agents in Human-Computer Interaction
- Natural Language in Vision and Cognition
- Cognitive modeling and psycholinguistics
Accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings via CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
A selection of the best papers presented at the AI*IA workshops will be invited to submit an extended version for publication on “Intelligenza Artificiale”, the International Journal of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence, edited by IOS Press and indexed by Thomson Reuters’ “Emerging Sources Citation Index” and Scopus by Elsevier.